Last Updated June 28, 2017
1. Types of Information We Collect
Personal Information: This information is information that identifies a specific and particular individual. Such information includes the individual's name, postal address, email address, fax number, telephone number, credit card information, PayPal information and billing information. This information may extend to an individual's demographic information such as what products the individual likes, services the individual uses or what the individual buys, and the individual's age. When anonymous information is directly or indirectly associated with personal information, this anonymous information is also treated as personal information.
Third Party Information: We might collect a friend's email address to send them electronic postcards, or special offers. We may collect contact information to get a parent's or guardian's consent if a minor wants to use our Sites and services.
Other Information: This information is an extension of demographic information and is regarded as non-personally identifiable information. It's often If you use our Sites, we may collect about the browser or platform you are using. We might collect the type of operating system you are using. We might collect the name of your internet service provider or mobile carrier, IP address, and certain usage information. We might track the pages you visit on the Sites and third party sites. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave our Sites. We collect this information using the tracking tools.
2. How We Collect Information.
We collect information directly from you, this specifically details the information that's regarded as personal information. This information is collected about you when you fulfill requests for our products, programs, and services. We collect this information when you register on our Sites, when you register for a promotion, when you register for one of our programs, when you make a purchase on our Sites, when you subscribe to programming and digital media services, when you leave comments on our Sites, and when you make contact requests.
We also collect information from you passively. We use tracking tools like browser cookies and web beacons. This information is the non-personally identifiable information mentioned above.
3. How We Use Information
We use your information as is disclosed at the time we collect the information and in the following ways:
- Provide you with the products and services you request
- Respond to requests or questions
- Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information about features on our sites and applications or changes to our policies.
- Improve and/or Optimize our products, services, and operations.
- Observe and look at site trends and customer interests.
- Customize your experience with us with offers and promotions, personalize content and experiences, provide you with advertising based on your activity on our Sites and applications and personalization and tracking.
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
- Protect our company, our customers, and our Sites
- Recieve permission from parents or legal guardians for children who want to use our sites.
- Send gifts, invitations, cards, or other content of your behalf through our Sites. From time to time, we may also use this information to offer products, programs, or services to them.
4. Information Sharing and Disclosure
Kildare Comics will not share your personal information outside Kildare Comics LLC except in limited circumstances, as follows:
- When we think we have to in order to comply with the law. We may need to share information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may also share it if a government agency or investigatory body requests.
- When you allow us to share your personal information with another company, such as: directing us to share your personal information with third-party sites or platforms such as social networking sites, and electing to share your personal information with trusted and carefully selected companies so that they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services.
- When there is change of control, a successor to all or part of our business or in the event of a business transaction. We may transfer information about you, such as if we or one of our business nites or our relevant assets are acquired by, sold to, or merged with another company.
- When third parties and service providers perform services on our behalf. We share information with vendors, or will authorize them to collect information on our behalf. Some vendors may be located outside of the United States. These third parties are prohibited from using your personal information for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law.
- When we’re working with our business partners and with our financial institutions. We might share information with a business partner who is running a joint promotion with us or to offer co-branded products or services to you; however, we will do so only if permitted by applicable law and, in these cases, the financial institutions are prohibited from using your personal information for purposes other than those related to co-branded products or services. We might also share information to trusted business partners whose products we think you would like. You have the ability to opt out of having your information shared, see the ‘Your Controls and Choices’ section below.
5. Your Controls and Choices
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include:
- When logged in to certain of our Sites, you can correct, update, and delete your registration account. To stop receiving our offers and promotional emails, email us an opt-out request or unsubscribe using the available links within the emails.You may also log into our Sites and make changes on your personal profile and account pages.
- To opt out of having us share your information with third parties for their promotional purposes, please email us. If you accept an offer from one of them after you opt out, we will share your information with that specific party.
- You may choose whether to receive targeted advertising from many ad networks, data exchanges, marketing analytics, and other service providers. However, this will still allow the collection of usage data for some purposes, including research, analytics and internal operations.
- You may uninstall mobile applications by using the standard uninstall processes available on your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network if you no longer wis to have any information collected by the Sites.
- You may request access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it. To request access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it please email us.
You can choose whether or not to share personal information. If you choose not to share, some parts of our Sites and some services may be more difficult or impossible to use, we may not be able to deliver certain products and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If you turn off cookies or tracking tools, parts of our Sites and services may also not work properly.
If you have any questions regarding this policy you may email us or write to us at:
Online Manager (Privacy Issue) Kildare Comics
500 East 5th Street
Mount Vernon, New York
7. Children’s Privacy
We recognize the need to provide further privacy protections with the respect to personal information we may collect from children under the age of 13 on our sites and applications. Some of the features on our sites and applications are age-gated so that they are not available for use by children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children in connection with those features. When we intend to collect personal information, we take additional steps to protect children’s privacy, including:
- Notifying parents about our information practices with regard to children, including the types of personal information we may collect from children, the uses to which we may put that information, and whether and with whom we may share that information.
- In accordance with applicable law, obtaining consent from parents for the collection of personal information from their children, or for sending information about our products and services directly to their children.
- Limiting our collection of personal information from children to no more than is reasonably necessary to participate in online activity.
- Giving parents access or the ability to request access to personal information we have collected from their children and the ability to request the personal information be changed or deleted.
In some cases, children may give us information without us knowing about it. If you are a parent or legal guardian and believe that your child under 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information, please email us. If you want to write, use the address listed above in the “Questions” section. Please mark your inquiries to the attention of “COPPA - Information Request” and include your email and phone number.
Learn more about how to protect your child online. Read the helpful information provided by the FTC.
8. Data Security, Integrity and Retention
10. California Privacy Rights
If you live in California and have an established business relationship with us, you can request a list of the personal information we shared with third parties for their marketing purposes. We will also give you a list of the third parties that have received your information. You can make a request one time each year.
If you are a California resident, you may have certain additional rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by certain member of Kildare Comics LLC to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits registered users who are minors to request and obtain deletion of certain posted content.
To exercise your rights, you can email s or write us at the the address in the ‘Questions” section, above. Mention in your letter that you are making a “California Shine the Light” inquiry. We will respond within 30 days.